It’s common for everyone to feel anxious and scared before something like a job interview or a presentation, but the anxiety usually goes away once you face your fears. People that deal with anxiety disorders face anxiety on a daily basis and it never truly goes away. Anxiety disorders, when left untreated, can severely impact a person’s life and ability to function in a normal setting. Dr. Arvinder Walia at Northwest Psychiatry in Austin, TX, can help treat anxiety and help you figure out how you can manage your symptoms of an anxiety disorder.
Living with Anxiety
There are different types of anxiety that you may struggle with within your life. Each one has different triggers and symptoms and can all be treated differently. The most common forms of anxiety include:
- Generalized anxiety disorder- This disorder is classified as chronic anxiety and worry when there is no true cause for it.
- Panic disorder- This can be a sudden and intense condition that usually causes more physical symptoms, such as dizziness or difficulty breathing.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder- This occurs as the result of a traumatic experience and can trigger feelings of anxiety or stress.
- Social anxiety disorder- When you’re in a social situation, you might feel intense feelings of panic, worry, or stress.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder- This can cause unwanted and persistent thoughts and usually ends in repetitive behaviors.
There are different forms of treatment for anxiety in Austin, TX. The first thing you should do is schedule a psychiatry evaluation with your doctor. This will help them understand what you may be experiencing so that they can develop a treatment plan that works for you. You may be prescribed anti-anxiety medication and it may take a few tries to find the one that works best for you.
Contact Your Psychiatrist Today!
Take control of your anxiety today. Contact Dr. Arvinder Walia at Northwest Psychiatry in Austin, TX, to learn how you can treat your anxiety. Call for more information today at (512) 467-5338.